Salvage Sofa Cleaning Method 3
Method 9 : Smoke Odour And Or Soot Wet or Dry Cleanable
Condition : Smoke damaged sofa
Product Description & Directions for Use:
A concentrated water soluble odour neutraliser and air conditioner effective
against a broad range of odour problems including smoke and fire residue.
Smoke & Odour Neutraliser can be added to carpet, fabric and hard surface
cleaning solutions or diluted with water and applied by sprayer or fogging unit.
For professional and industrial use only.
Always pre-test surface to be cleaned with diluted solutions before proceeding.
Carpets and fabrics: Add 10 to 20ml Smoke & Odour Neutraliser per litre of ready-to-use cleaning solution.
General cleaning applications: Mix 20 to 50ml Smoke & Odour Neutraliser per litre of warm water for cleaning and
washing down walls and hard surfaces.
Smoke odour removal fogging application: During fogging / spraying wear suitable respiratory equipment.
Mix 100ml Smoke & Odour Neutraliser per litre of warm water and apply for 15 minutes per 10m2 of floor area by fogger to sealed room. Leave area sealed for 24 hours then fresh air ventilate with exhaust fans. Always cover, protect or removewater sensitive furnishings and other items when spraying or fogging.
• Odour neutraliser concentrate for smoke, tobacco, fire restoration & most odours
• Highly concentrated for use on carpets, fabrics and hard surfaces
• Contains no bactericides
• Turquoise liquid with deodorant fragrance
• Available in 1 litre and 5 litre pack size
Generally in all cases of smoke damage there will be a film of soot or greasy deposits over the sofa. The amount of this deposit will vary considerably from job to job. depending on the material that was burnt (plastic or paper)
The smoke odour and the soot deposits must be treated as two distinct problems.
- If the soot deposit is heavy then this will have to be cleaned off then the fabric will need to be deodorised.
- If the soot deposit is light then the cleaning and deodorising can be done in one operation.
For heavy soot deposits on wet cleanable sofas
- Use method 4
- Use Prochem Ultrapac Renovate as the pre spray
- Rinse and neutralize with Prochem Fibre and Fabric Rinse, allow to partly dry
- Deodorise with a fogmister using Prochem Odour Neutraliser
- Allow to dwell in sealed room for 30 minutes, this will also deodorise the room as well.
- Ventilate room with air movers and open windows.