Flooded Fabric Treatment
Condition : Flood damaged furniture. this method assumes that you are called in to inspect the fabric when its still wet.
Carry out the following procedures
- inspect sofa to determine whether it is wet cleanable if it is not, then tell customer its irreparable.
- Write an invoice and report which the customer can present to their insurance company.
- Charge for advice and inspection
Flooded sofa is wet cleanable you should
- Extract excess flood water
- Using prochem fibre and fabric rinse, prochem cleansan, crystal green re wet using pressure spray
Product Description & Directions for Use:
A concentrated multi-surface biocidal sanitiser for use on carpets, upholstery, floors
and hard surfaces.
Clensan’s biocidal formula is approved to EN1276 and EN14476
and is effective against a wide range of harmful organisms including bacteria and
WoolSafe approved maintenance product for wool carpets and rugs.
For professional and industrial use only.
Dilution rate* (all surfaces): Mix 50ml of Clensan per litre of water.
(1 part Clensan to 20 parts water). Solutions should always be freshly prepared.
*Norovirus: Mix 160ml of Clensan per litre of water and allow 60 minutes contact time for effective disinfection.
Carpets & Upholstery:
Always pre-test carpet or fabric with ready-to-use Clensan solution for colour fastness and
texture change before proceeding. Apply Clensan solution by spray applicator to carpet or fabric surface and allow 5 to
15 minutes contact time for effective sanitising. Extraction rinse carpet or fabric with B109 Fibre & Fabric Rinse.
Floors and Hard Surfaces: Always pre-test surface to be treated with ready-to-use Clensan solution before
proceeding. Apply Clensan solution by spray applicator and allow 5 to 15 minutes contact time for effective sanitising.
Wipe hard surfaces or rinse floors with water then mop or extract with wet pick-up vacuum. When using scrubber driers always check recovery tank for excessive foam and use defoamer if required.
Clensan solutions should always be freshly prepared. Do not mix Clensan with other chemicals or detergents.
• Multi-surface biocidal sanitiser for carpets, upholstery, floors and hard surfaces.
• Effective against bacteria and viruses.
• Approved to EN1276, EN13697, EN13727, EN14476, EN1650. The Clensan formula has been
tested to be effective against the following organisms, when diluted and applied according to the
label directions. Bacteria: Enterococcus hirae, Listeria monocytogenes, Pseudomonas
aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Salmonella cholerasuis. Viruses: Rota
Vaccinia, Orthomyxoviridae (Influenza H1N1), BVDV, Norovirus, Enveloped Viruses.
• Clear liquid with herbal lemon fragrance.
pH Concentrate: 7.5
pH Diluted: 7.5
- Let solution dwell for 3 to 5 minutes then extract as much as you can.
- Use an air move to help drying with a dehumidifier left in the room
- Leave the home
- Return when dry to inspect overall and re clean if needed using method 3 or 4